323′ / 98-meter Expedition Yacht – previous US Govt Research Ship

By | January 29, 2017

Offered by Paul Madden Associates http://non-public-yacht.net
Ice-class US Research ship with diesel electric powered propulsion, 15,000 mile-variety, can do around twenty-knots, out there for sale. A conversion was began but it now wants to be taken around. At 3,seven-hundred+ Gross Tons, it delivers enormous space for 18 luxurious suites, a complete spa, screening room, onboard film/Television set/recording studio, complete gymnasium, submarine start by means of moonpool, numerous twin-turbine helicopters, etcetera., etcetera.
The vessel features a Unique BULBOUS BOW VIEWING POD. Lie again and enjoy the dolphins playing less than way.
Comprehensive Rolls-Royce Marine engines/propulsion, bridge and electric power devices.
This vessel has been referred to as, “The finest ship at this time out there for conversion in the earth.”

supply

14 thoughts on “323′ / 98-meter Expedition Yacht – previous US Govt Research Ship

1. frien234

Whooa….Off course she is going to attract attention after finished…..artist rendering give me impression that she is going to be one of kind mega yacht or ship if you prefer to say it your way

2. Richard Bright

Why is this American Ship BUILT AND PAID FOR with AMERICAN ( PEOPLES) TAXES ((( Tax Payer))) NOT DONATED TO the UNITED NATIONS FOR HUMANITARIAN USE?????

3. The Way Of MGTOW

At the :14 second mark there is a artist rendering that I like, However with the panning shot, and the cut scene shot tis difficult to get a real grasp on its outward appearance. Is there anywhere online that this rendering can be viewed in its entirety?

4. William Krutt

Now, if I had the financial resources it would require and was filthy rich, this would be the vessel for me. This boat/ship is a floating tank; overbuilt and very, very well maintained. Beautiful lines. Beautiful rake. Absolutely SOLID!

5. tackless

THAT'S IT ! I made my mind up . I'm buying that baby. Now all I have to figure out is where do I find the money. I know I'll start looking in the sofa.

6. Kelley D

Why not keep it as a ship? I love her and she'll always have a special place in my heart. (I worked on the Oceanographer doing phase one of the conversion BTW)

7. Tim Law

The point is you could take this boat(ship) just about any where you wanted to go and it will stand up to rough seas and the beating the oceans can do to a ship..You can not do that with most yachts they will break……..

8. Puzzoozoo

Seems to be a opportunity for a cut price megayacht.  More a renovation job of an existing ship then an alternative to a custom build of a similar sized yacht.  Whether the interior and exterior deck fittings would match the likes from Lurssen/Oceanco/Feadship/Blohm + Voss/Benetti ect is moot.  It'd take a lot of work besides a new coat of paint on her hull to change her interior and hull fittings to make her not look like the ex-navy government ship she is.  It'd make a fair exploration ship to the poles and off the beaten super and mega yachting track, but for Mediterranean cruising where the other super and mega yachts cruise I don't think it'd look the part.

9. Jonathan Grunwald

Buy the ship for good price,like the scrap tonnage worth,move it to China in condition it is and for 80 M$ you may have a Exquisite not a yacht but a ship.But if you refit it in Seattle than this guy say you will need 200 M.Watch out it will cost you actually or more likely 600 M , and the craftsmanship is poor, take it to China and you will be very happy you did. TH